Hora: 19-Apr-2018, 04:53 AM ¡Hola, Invitado! (Iniciar sesiónRegístrate)

Speaking of Tensegrity
Autor Mensaje
ensonar Sin conexión

Registro en: Apr 2006
Mensaje: #1
Speaking of Tensegrity
It seems strange to me, that of all the Castaneda related message boards and groups i've found on the internet, no one seems to be talking much about magical passes.

I know there are people out there doing them. I've been to a few workshops and there are lots of people there. On the Cleargreen website, there are loads of practice groups listed around the world.

I know that a great aspect of this knowlege is action instead of talking, but that doesn't stop people from talking about other topics; dreaming, stalking, etc.

Does anyone have any experiences or questions about Tensegrity they would like to discuss?

I for one can't get enough of the magical passes. They slowly creeped into my life until they have now become a constant thing. And they are changing me. This I know for sure. They have helped me in numerous ways. More energy. More powerful decisions. More calmness. More clarity, etc. etc.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?
08-Jun-2006 01:20 PM
Visita su sitio web Encuentra todos sus mensajes
Merged Sin conexión

Registro en: May 2006
Mensaje: #2
Speaking of Tensegrity
ofcourse...magical passes are amazing..they must be felt and they require 100 percent action. There is nothing really to say about magical passes except that a person must try them to experience them. Like you I can not get enough of them.

This user is a merge of users with less than 5 posts or all posts in less than one week. Maybe the merged is more interesting than the original users.

Este usuario es una combinación de usuarios con menos de 5 mensajes o que escribió todo en menos de una semana. Quizá el usuario combinado resulte mas interesante que los usuarios originales.
08-Jun-2006 03:39 PM
Encuentra todos sus mensajes
Merged Sin conexión

Mensaje: #3
Speaking of Tensegrity
I like money and Cleargreen also does!

This user is a merge of users with less than 5 posts or all posts in less than one week. Maybe the merged is more interesting than the original users.

Este usuario es una combinación de usuarios con menos de 5 mensajes o que escribió todo en menos de una semana. Quizá el usuario combinado resulte mas interesante que los usuarios originales.
12-Jun-2006 10:22 AM
ensonar Sin conexión

Mensaje: #4
Speaking of Tensegrity
Don't we all? But i suppose it's what you do with your money that counts.
13-Jun-2006 01:04 PM
firefox Sin conexión

Registro en: Jun 2006
Mensaje: #5
Speaking of Tensegrity
So far I noticed that the passes move the centre of perception higher, the body feels lighter, this effect wears off later. Very similar to stopping the internal dialogue.
And, the pain. Some passes seem cause it, either b/c of doing them wrong (?) or something else. The pain can be intense or not, often like a small dot, can last a few days or a few hours, and sometimes a real physical damage can be dealt. It can feel like pressure sometimes, such pressure will pull something in the body and will last for days (accompanies intense pain or physical damage), even though its pulling feels like something half-physical.
Any thoughts on that?
13-Jun-2006 10:54 PM
ensonar Sin conexión

Mensaje: #6
Speaking of Tensegrity
Interesting. I can't say that I've felt any pain from doing them.

I don't know if this will relate at all, but for a while I took kung fu. Part of our training was running two or 3 miles before each practice. I wasn't used to running, and my right calf had a lingering pain that was pretty much constant for 2 or 3 weeks. It didn't feel like a sore muscle from running too much. It was more like a dull/sharp pain deep in my calf muscle. I asked my instructor about it, and he said he had had the same issue when he first started. He said to just keep going and it would eventually go away. And in fact it did.

On the other hand, when I'm doing tensegrity, I notice that some of my joints tend to pop, or click, or rub together more than others, and more so with certain magical passes than others. Rather than ignore that and just keep going, I slow down and even do some of the passes almost in slow motion for a while. As I learn exactly how my body moves and reacts to the passes, I'm able to learn how to do them without causing any damage to my body. And also, I feel like this helps in gently building the muscle around certain joints to cushion them.

When I've been to a few workshops and practice groups, I've noticed that some people (especially men) tend to do the passes extremely fast. As if they're in some kind of hurry. I personally don't see any reason for this. In my experience, its very useful to start out gently and learn to do them with power and precision, rather than racing to see who can go the fastest.

I don't know if any of this addresses you're question. And I'm not sure what you mean by "real physical damage". I'd say if anything you're doing is causing real physical damage, then you must be doing something wrong.

My only advice is, listen to your body and be gentle with it.
14-Jun-2006 11:04 AM
firefox Sin conexión

Mensaje: #7
Speaking of Tensegrity
Hmm, one person told me that pain means that the energy centers aren't functioning properly and that it must weaken and disappear the more you activate the centers. It even makes sense. I noticed that the pass that led to... disjoint in the spine (is that called that way in English, sorry:)) now only arouses a distant pulling sensation for a while.

Doing the passes slower never occured to me, thanx for the advise :).
14-Jun-2006 05:50 PM
Merged Sin conexión

Mensaje: #8
Speaking of Tensegrity
Can anyone tell exactly what’s the difference between Tensegrity any other movement practices, such as Tai-chi, which is also powerful and focusing on energy, the chi?

30-Aug-2006 02:05 PM
DrakeWan Sin conexión

Registro en: Sep 2006
Mensaje: #9
Speaking of Tensegrity
Okay I'm going to pull an older version of carlos and ask a dumb question.. lol Wink

What ARE the movements? I have no idea.. I haven't read magical passes yet, thats the one I need to read... so for a taste of whats to come... what is one of the movements.. ?
04-Sep-2006 11:07 PM
ensonar Sin conexión

Mensaje: #10
Speaking of Tensegrity
I've never done tai chi, but from what I gather its movements are slow, flowing and graceful. Tensegrity on the other hand, has many quick striking movements, perhaps closer to kung fu than tai chi. The striking movements of tensegrity though, are directed at energy pockets; areas where energy drains to and gets crusted on the luminous shell. the striking movements break this energy up and redirect it to the vital centers in the midsection of the body.

But there are also many other movements that aren't strikes, as well as many deep breathing magical passes.

Here's a small list of some magical passes that are described through notes taken at workshops. This may give you an idea of what they are like. However, the book and dvds go into much greater detail about the meaning behind each magical pass.

http://members.aol.com/saucerer/pasindex.html
05-Sep-2006 08:47 AM
firefox Sin conexión

Mensaje: #11
Speaking of Tensegrity
The difference is the intent behind Tensegrity. You don't have the intent to stop the internal dialogue when you do yoga exercises (though you might try), and you don't intend to join your left and right side together while practicing Tai-chi. If you catch the right intent, you'll go with the flow - I mean, you'll join the powerful intent of people who discovered the passes and practiced them, and it should guide you in the right direction of the warrior's path.
I heard a rumor that the passes should be done either with your internal dialogue off or in second attention, and that otherwise they're not effective... Maybe that's why people often complain that they get no results. At least I know that I got little or bad results until I started to do passes with 'right' intent and without talking to myself.
11-Sep-2006 04:13 PM
Warbaryan Sin conexión

Registro en: Oct 2006
Mensaje: #12
Speaking of Tensegrity
Cita:You don't have the intent to stop the internal dialogue when you do yoga exercises

The intent to stop the internal dialogue doesn't automatically come along with Tensegrity, either. Actually, I've witnessed some people actually strengthen their internal dialogue (self-image) with the energy derived from the magical passes.

Cita:I heard a rumor that the passes should be done either with your internal dialogue off or in second attention, and that otherwise they're not effective...

That's horseshit. How can you pursue cessation of internal dialogue with the passes if the requirement for their functionability is the lack of internal dialogue?

I think many people should shut up and concentrate on actual training instead.

The magical passes are the only system that I've encountered this far that is so "otherworldly" in its intent. It's not just about balancing the energies of the physical body to get more vitality and longevity, it's about gaining awareness and control of the energy body and getting closer to second (and third) attention. There's a vast difference between the purpose and the scope of Tensegrity and, say, Qi Gong and Yoga, although some similarities can be noted. And I'm not trying to discredit other systems of practice in anyway, they do have their own purpose and they can be applied into warrior's life just like anything else from bodybuilding to self-immolation... go with your predilection.

Taijiquan (tai chi) is originally a martial art, i.e. it's about fighting and self-defence, and balancing and strengthening the energies of the physical body. I.e. it's for health and it's for fight. I haven't heard of a Taijiquan style that would emphasize the concept of second attention, recapitulation, dreaming attention and left/right side bodies. Practising Taijiquan or Yoga can effectively help you shut down your internal dialogue and raise your energy level to some extent, but the real question is about what you're doing with the newly acquired energy and silence?

I'm having an exercise in the art of eating right now, and I feel my inner silence growing. Now, what's the difference between eating and Tensegrity?
02-Nov-2006 12:10 PM
Warbaryan Sin conexión

Mensaje: #13
Speaking of Tensegrity
Cita:I've never done tai chi, but from what I gather its movements are slow, flowing and graceful. Tensegrity on the other hand, has many quick striking movements, perhaps closer to kung fu than tai chi.

Taijiquan can be done with exploding power, too. The movements you usually see are in slow motion, but the martial applications are lightning speed. The same movements, different speed. Don't get fooled!

Kung fu... which style are you speaking of? There are like 10,000 of them. Some also train in slow motion as a part of their training. Some Japanese martial arts do so as well. You increase speed when you've really learned the form and can be sure you do it properly and don't just try to hide your mistakes behind speed (and possibly break yourself and/or your training partner).

Tensegrity is about causing an effect on yourself, on your luminous being. The speed and the nature of movements in Tensegrity practice are dictated by different things. You're not doing techniques against an opponent, so the question of speed rests on different matters. Besides, there are also some series of Tensegrity that are slow and restful by nature. Just think about Wheel of Time, Mapping the Body and the Running Man, for example. And you can do all the movements with different types of intensity. This has been exercised in the seminars and workshops as well.
02-Nov-2006 12:22 PM
Warbaryan Sin conexión

Mensaje: #14
Speaking of Tensegrity
Cita:It seems strange to me, that of all the Castaneda related message boards and groups i've found on the internet, no one seems to be talking much about magical passes.

Those not talking about them in internet are probably too busy practising them. <_<

Cita:I know that a great aspect of this knowlege is action instead of talking, but that doesn't stop people from talking about other topics; dreaming, stalking, etc.

It's easier to mentally masturbate over those other topics as they have a certain kind of "shaman mystique" surrounding them; you can play intellectual games about them and throw endless quotes from the books and write down 5000 line descriptions of some chaotic dreams you just had (or made up). However, dreaming and stalking are as much about true discipline as everything else on the warrior's way.

Maybe one reason for the phenomenon is that the topic is not really discussed in the books before The Sorcerers' Crossing and Magical Passes? You know, some people are still stuck in the first book and seeking an ally from the desert while high on peyote buttons they just bought from the local drug dealer...

Cita:I for one can't get enough of the magical passes. They slowly creeped into my life until they have now become a constant thing. And they are changing me. This I know for sure. They have helped me in numerous ways. More energy.

I started with them some ten years ago and have been practising on daily basis since then. Sometimes more, sometimes less. And I feel I should be doing more of them, I have a sense of duty... duty to myself and the spirit, perhaps. A kind of hunger that never seems to end.

Stay Hungry! B)
02-Nov-2006 12:33 PM
ensonar Sin conexión

Mensaje: #15
Speaking of Tensegrity
Well put! (My comparisons above were rather superficial)

And I've thought for a long time that it seems that the people who are really serious about practicing, tend not to be the ones talking much online. This is understandable. It is a busy, busy life.

Yet communication certainly isn't worthless. And I'd be quite interested in hearing how others are doing out there.

Good to have you here. Smile
03-Nov-2006 10:10 AM
Warbaryan Sin conexión

Mensaje: #16
Speaking of Tensegrity
Cita: Yet communication certainly isn't worthless. And I'd be quite interested in hearing how others are doing out there.
Tensegrity is a great way to gather energy and help yourself to become free... but it can also be a tool to gather energy to boost your egotism and strengthen the shackles. It's something you can't just practice without a proper philosophical-pragmatic framework. It will not automatically lead you anywhere.

And yet, it's so damn powerful.

How's your "daily training", ensoñar?

Some days I spend hours on practising the passes, some days I just go with the bare minimum... I've felt a long time that I'm not "quite myself" if I don't do the passes daily. It's like an addiction. Addiction to something purposeful. And it's also a discipline.

Instead of playing the role of a "spiritual man", I've paid a lot of attention to the energetic significance of the physical body, especially during the past 13 years or so. Taking care of your tonal is a key to a balanced life and without it, it's hard to stay focused and "rooted" on all the journeys.

I've found frequent stretching, strength training, long walks, and such very helpful. I tend to pay constant attention to the way I move, attention to my postures, to slight details in all situations... It's all about flow of energy, although it manifests itself in the realm of what we known as physical.

I haven't yet entered into the "learn as many movements as possible" stage. It's more like that I've tried to get the most out of the passes I already know, and practice them diligently and rigorously every day.

Hatha yoga, a new thing for me, has helped me in balancing the spine, becoming more aware of the meaning of symmetry in bodily balance... and I've become more aware of the importance of spine. This has, in turn, made the magical passes even more effective for me than before.

It's weird how all these practices can go hand in hand. However, if I had to drop everything else -- all "physical exercises" -- I'd still be doing Tensegrity. It's beyond any physical practice that I know, it's an act of beckoning power itself.
04-Dec-2006 11:23 PM
ensonar Sin conexión

Mensaje: #17
Speaking of Tensegrity
My 'daily training' is currently being pummeled by the persistence of my monthly cycle... or is it yearly cycle? I'm in a momentary sinkhole again looking for an opening.

However, I am considering trying out yoga for a time in the very near future. I'm beginning to aquire a hunger for extreme flexibility. Do you have any suggestions for a good method of self-training?
05-Dec-2006 12:00 PM
Chipola_english forum Sin conexión
Banned

Registro en: Jan 2007
Mensaje: #18
Speaking of Tensegrity
Finally I get the URL with important info about tensegrity.

The original source is in spanish
Carta Abierta a los practicantes de tensegridad.

opened letter

Marco Antonio Arenas Chipola was banned for harrasment to the ex-wife of one of the admins. Later we get info about he is a thief, and evidence of his relation with the Templo Tolteca / Kinam Destructive Cult. Take measures if you had contact with him.
18-Feb-2007 06:27 PM
Banned

Mensaje: #19
Speaking of Tensegrity

opened letter

Marco Antonio Arenas Chipola was banned for harrasment to the ex-wife of one of the admins. Later we get info about he is a thief, and evidence of his relation with the Templo Tolteca / Kinam Destructive Cult. Take measures if you had contact with him.
Banned

Mensaje: #20
Speaking of Tensegrity

opened letter

Posibles temas similares...
Tema: Autor Respuestas: Vistas: Último mensaje
  Tensegrity and Martial Arts ensonar 71 24,745 20-Jun-2008 09:38 AM
Último mensaje: blu129
  LA Tensegrity classes Merged 3 2,648 02-Mar-2008 01:39 PM
Último mensaje: BratscheWarrior

Salto de foro:

Usuario(s) navegando en este tema: 1 invitado(s)