Hora: 15-Nov-2018, 07:05 PM ¡Hola, Invitado! (Iniciar sesiónRegístrate)

Reaching the Threshold
Autor Mensaje
Nick Sin conexión

Registro en: Feb 2007
Mensaje: #21
Reaching the Threshold
Cita:"The one from Castaneda's books that has helped me the most is "listening to the sounds of the world". At times I focus in on just one sound that I randomly pick out and try to stay with it as long as possible, and keep coming back to it as I begin drifting back to thinking. At other times, I try to listen to everything at once in the same manner."
[QUOTE]

Listening to the sounds of the world is a good way to stop the internal dialogue. When your inner chatter returns, try listening to that in a detatched way as if it is independent of you, just like the other sounds around you. I think we give power to our inner talk by reacting to it, either in a positive or negative way.
23-Mar-2007 06:05 AM
Encuentra todos sus mensajes
Nick Sin conexión

Registro en: Feb 2007
Mensaje: #22
Reaching the Threshold
Cita:"The one from Castaneda's books that has helped me the most is "listening to the sounds of the world". At times I focus in on just one sound that I randomly pick out and try to stay with it as long as possible, and keep coming back to it as I begin drifting back to thinking. At other times, I try to listen to everything at once in the same manner."
[QUOTE]

Listening to the sounds of the world is a good way to stop the internal dialogue. When your inner chatter returns, try listening to that in a detatched way as if it is independent of you, just like the other sounds around you. I think we give power to our inner talk by reacting to it, either in a positive or negative way.
23-Mar-2007 06:05 AM
cada dia Sin conexión

Registro en: Apr 2007
Mensaje: #23
Reaching the Threshold
there is some exersice. hold your straightened arms in front of you. arms 90 degree angle to body (like mummy or zomby walking). Keep arms in this position 20 minutes.
this practice is a little bit sado mazo, but it allows you to hear inner dialogue very CLEARSmile and to reach inner silence.
24-Sep-2007 03:59 AM

Salto de foro:

Usuario(s) navegando en este tema: 1 invitado(s)