Hora: 22-Jul-2018, 07:54 AM ¡Hola, Invitado! (Iniciar sesiónRegístrate)

The Nagual Castaneda
Autor Mensaje
smellyfart Sin conexión

Registro en: Mar 2007
Mensaje: #1
The Nagual Castaneda
I was recently reading a transcript of a lecture that CC did. I honestly wasn't impressed. For me it's like this. When I read CC's books I am struck by the beauty of the warriors way and Don Juan's style of speech in general. For instance, the time he told CC "the only thing you never did was to shine your spirit". That sounds so cute to me, simple, child like. It's words like that, that modivate me to renew my unbending intent when distractions come my way. But CC from what I've read of his interviews, and Corey Donovan's web site, just doesn't seem to fit into the mood of the books. According too Don Juan the Nagual Elias and Julian "missed the boat". I think the Nagual Castaneda did too. He died. Maybe he didn't get it either. Maybe he did. Who knows. I find myself not caring if it's true or not. Does it really matter?

What are your feelings on the validity of Carlos Castaneda? Is it something that you think about alot, or do you try do avoid it.
06-Apr-2007 06:42 PM
Encuentra todos sus mensajes
smellyfart Sin conexión

Mensaje: #2
The Nagual Castaneda
I was recently reading a transcript of a lecture that CC did. I honestly wasn't impressed. For me it's like this. When I read CC's books I am struck by the beauty of the warriors way and Don Juan's style of speech in general. For instance, the time he told CC "the only thing you never did was to shine your spirit". That sounds so cute to me, simple, child like. It's words like that, that modivate me to renew my unbending intent when distractions come my way. But CC from what I've read of his interviews, and Corey Donovan's web site, just doesn't seem to fit into the mood of the books. According too Don Juan the Nagual Elias and Julian "missed the boat". I think the Nagual Castaneda did too. He died. Maybe he didn't get it either. Maybe he did. Who knows. I find myself not caring if it's true or not. Does it really matter?

What are your feelings on the validity of Carlos Castaneda? Is it something that you think about alot, or do you try do avoid it.
smellyfart Sin conexión

Mensaje: #3
The Nagual Castaneda

BratscheWarrior Sin conexión

Registro en: Sep 2006
Mensaje: #4
The Nagual Castaneda
i used to think about that stuff, but not do much anymore. It doesn't affect what i'm doing now, so why think/worry about it? The teachings are out there and that's what is important.
07-Apr-2007 06:05 PM

Mensaje: #5
The Nagual Castaneda
i used to think about that stuff, but not do much anymore. It doesn't affect what i'm doing now, so why think/worry about it? The teachings are out there and that's what is important.

Mensaje: #6
The Nagual Castaneda
ensonar Sin conexión

Registro en: Apr 2006
Mensaje: #7
The Nagual Castaneda
I love reading the Castaneda interviews, as well as Abelar, Donner, Tiggs, the Energy Trackers, etc. They seem to range from being tutorial-like, to friendly chit chat, to hilarious not-doings.

I also don't concern myself with the legalities of Castaneda's comings and goings. But the stories he left us are simply astonishing. Astoundingly absurd at times, astoundingly beautiful at others, but always joltingly direct.

Carlos and his group were different from don Juan's in many ways. They had to deal with the public, and who knows what measures they had to take to remain available and yet unavailble in order to fulfill their task.

Regardless, it's a marvelous story.
09-Apr-2007 11:58 AM
Visita su sitio web Encuentra todos sus mensajes
ensonar Sin conexión

Mensaje: #8
The Nagual Castaneda
I love reading the Castaneda interviews, as well as Abelar, Donner, Tiggs, the Energy Trackers, etc. They seem to range from being tutorial-like, to friendly chit chat, to hilarious not-doings.

I also don't concern myself with the legalities of Castaneda's comings and goings. But the stories he left us are simply astonishing. Astoundingly absurd at times, astoundingly beautiful at others, but always joltingly direct.

Carlos and his group were different from don Juan's in many ways. They had to deal with the public, and who knows what measures they had to take to remain available and yet unavailble in order to fulfill their task.

ensonar Sin conexión

Mensaje: #9
The Nagual Castaneda

Nick Sin conexión

Registro en: Feb 2007
Mensaje: #10
The Nagual Castaneda
Cita: I love reading the Castaneda interviews, as well as Abelar, Donner, Tiggs, the Energy Trackers, etc. They seem to range from being tutorial-like, to friendly chit chat, to hilarious not-doings.

I agree with smellyfart. I went through a time of being dis-illusioned with CC the man. Questions like why did he die? or did he really die? or why invent the blue scout? etc. I used to think what hope is there for me to find my frredom if CC did not? But its just a form of self-indulgence.
As bratscheWarrior says, the teachings are there. They work. Perhaps when I learn to see, all my questions will be answered. Or perhaps I will find that they do not matter.
10-Apr-2007 04:17 AM
Nick Sin conexión

Mensaje: #11
The Nagual Castaneda
Cita: I love reading the Castaneda interviews, as well as Abelar, Donner, Tiggs, the Energy Trackers, etc. They seem to range from being tutorial-like, to friendly chit chat, to hilarious not-doings.

I agree with smellyfart. I went through a time of being dis-illusioned with CC the man. Questions like why did he die? or did he really die? or why invent the blue scout? etc. I used to think what hope is there for me to find my frredom if CC did not? But its just a form of self-indulgence.
As bratscheWarrior says, the teachings are there. They work. Perhaps when I learn to see, all my questions will be answered. Or perhaps I will find that they do not matter.
Nick Sin conexión

Mensaje: #12
The Nagual Castaneda

Nick Sin conexión

Mensaje: #13
The Nagual Castaneda
I did not mean to quote you on that last message ensonar. I pressed the wrong button. I was talking to everyone. Smile
10-Apr-2007 04:27 AM
Nick Sin conexión

Mensaje: #14
The Nagual Castaneda
I did not mean to quote you on that last message ensonar. I pressed the wrong button. I was talking to everyone. Smile
Nick Sin conexión

Mensaje: #15
The Nagual Castaneda
Chipola_english forum Sin conexión
Banned

Registro en: Jan 2007
Mensaje: #16
The Nagual Castaneda
Castaneda Nagual? really?

Marco Antonio Arenas Chipola was banned for harrasment to the ex-wife of one of the admins. Later we get info about he is a thief, and evidence of his relation with the Templo Tolteca / Kinam Destructive Cult. Take measures if you had contact with him.
12-Apr-2007 06:43 PM
Banned

Mensaje: #17
The Nagual Castaneda

Marco Antonio Arenas Chipola was banned for harrasment to the ex-wife of one of the admins. Later we get info about he is a thief, and evidence of his relation with the Templo Tolteca / Kinam Destructive Cult. Take measures if you had contact with him.
Banned

Mensaje: #18
The Nagual Castaneda

ryan Sin conexión

Registro en: Aug 2006
Mensaje: #19
The Nagual Castaneda
why not chipola?
12-Apr-2007 09:33 PM
ryan Sin conexión

Registro en: Aug 2006
Mensaje: #20
The Nagual Castaneda
why not chipola?
12-Apr-2007 09:33 PM

Posibles temas similares...
Tema: Autor Respuestas: Vistas: Último mensaje
  no nagual? joyseph 27 10,121 23-Jan-2007 03:13 PM
Último mensaje: ensonar

Salto de foro:

Usuario(s) navegando en este tema: 1 invitado(s)